In accordance with local, provincial and federal guidelines and legislative requirements, MTC is adopting the following protocol. All members and individuals attending at the gym are required to follow these rules:
- Classes will be limited to a maximum of 34 students for kickboxing and 18 for jiu jitsu;
- All students must remain in their respective workout area (which has been marked by an X);
- Classes will be limited to 45 minutes, with 15 minutes in between to clean and disinfect;
- Everyone will be required to pre-register for class and answer certain questions related to COVID (via Schedulicity);
- Everyone must come in through one door and exit through another (there will be directional arrows);
- There will be no use of the locker/change rooms – come ready to train and leave your gear in one spot;
- Shoes must be removed upon entry and placed in a bag to be kept with all other training gear;
- Everyone must stay 6 feet apart – with jiu jitsu, we will be allowing one-on-one training for members with people who are in their bubble (you will be required to identify who is in your bubble in advance);
- Everyone needs to bring their own water bottle and gear;
- Students must hand sanitize upon arrival;
- No sparring;
- No one may enter the gym until advised to do so;
- Masks must be worn when entering and leaving the gym, but can be taken off once you are in your training spot;
- When class ends, everyone is to leave in an orderly fashion before the next class will be allowed to enter;
- No one who is ill and/or presents with COVID symptoms will be allowed access to the gym;
- There will be no use of the cardio or weight equipment until further notice.
For anyone who is not presently registered, but would like to attend a free trial class, you must email Nancy at firstname.lastname@example.org in advance to arrange for your attendance.
This protocol will continue to be updated and revised based on changes made to health guidelines and directives. We appreciate your cooperation as we look to allow for training in a way that is safe for all members.
PLEASE NOTE: Classes will begin to run effective August 31st for adults only. We will be looking to resume our kids classes in September and will be in touch once the date is finalized. Health and safety are our top priority!